AMCo is a rapidly growing international pharmaceutical company, committed to bringing its portfolio of niche medicines to patients in more than 100 countries. AMCo is the result of the merger in 2013 of Amdipharm and the Mercury Pharma Group.
The combined businesses are highly complementary to each other, with well-established product portfolios which provide a strong platform for future growth through acquisitions in line with their strategy to build a truly global pharmaceutical company.
The Business Challenge
The critical business challenges faced by the client were:
- Inability to manage rapid business growth due to limitations of existing technology and software applications
- Difficulty in managing and controlling disparate data
- Legal and management consolidation of systems
- Integration of business processes and real-time management
- As the company increases their global footprint, they were looking for integration across all business functions, faster information availability and better control of operations.
Starting in 2009, Invenio and AMCO have worked together to create a companywide rollout of SAP support across the business. Key milestones include the implementation of service desk to monitor SLAs and internal IT, management of the interface with their distribution companies, support of new mergers and acquired companies.