The SAP world is changing, and it’s changing fast. In the last 2 years, more data was produced globally than in all of previous history, and that volume only shows signs of growing. Thanks to this overabundance of data, new technologies are emerging faster than ever before. This means that many elements of business, including traditional supply chain and procurement processes, are being totally transformed. Technologies like SAP S/4 HANA are becoming the essential tools organisations must use to be successful in the marketplace. Today, we want to focus on how SAP solutions can improve and even transform the supply chain management process.
The Supply Chain in Logistics
Within logistics, managing your supply chain effectively is one of your primary business objectives. It is therefore not surprising that this is one of the key business areas being constantly improved upon, and technology is now at the forefront of the innovation. Without stable and efficient supply chain management, logistics business would quickly find themselves in serious trouble. By creating a robust supply chain process, logistics businesses are able to:
- Achieve the optimum level of service to their end-customers in locations across the world by offering the latest products with all of the correct information, such as standardised model numbers, data sheets, territory based price lists and more.
- Reduce warehousing needs an aged inventory through real time stock level reporting from distributors.
- Improve ability to see stock promised information, along with stock on hand and stock in transit.
- Gain insights into product demand in various territories.
- Reduce wastage at all levels of the business.
- View accurate and useful reports for ad-hoc and routine reporting.
- Manage regional distribution centres, transportation and global trade more effectively.
How Does SAP Fit in?
Supply chain management systems are especially effective when used with trusted ERP solutions, such as S/4 HANA, particularly in distributor operations. The biggest improvements by doing this can be seen when an organisation’s supply chain relies on information being exchanged between the principal and its distributors in various ways. Item master data and price lists can be pushed to distributors with SAP integration tools, and report dashboards can be used to provide intuitive reports across the business based on accurate and timely data. In a traditional environment, multiple elements of the supply chain within logistics are managed through several disparate systems, with many businesses struggling to get all elements working properly together. But with a SAP solution like S/4 HANA, all functionalities can be brought together and centralised in a single, flawless system, creating a level of speed and control that leaves traditional supply chain management in the dark.
At Invenio, we work with logistics companies across the globe to help them review and refine their supply chain management processes. Using our enterprise wide SAP solutions, we provide unparalleled levels of performance and flexibility within a complex, multi-faceted process. For more information about how an integrated SAP solution can help you manage your supply chain more effectively, get in touch with our expert team today.