If you are already using a SAP solution, you may be completely happy with the performance and stability of it. You may have suffered many issues during your SAP journey and finally things have settled down and users are happy. So now, you are being told to upgrade or migrate to S/4HANA, and understandably, your question is: why?
To put it simply – because your industry is changing. Consumers are changing, potential customers and employees belong to a fresh generation of people with a different outlook on technology. They hate complexity, and want all business processes and practices to be as easy as running their LinkedIn feed. Even the more current SAP Graphical User Interfaces belong to a different era, one that isn’t as agile or adaptable to new advances in technology. Soon older SAP ERP solutions won’t be supported, leaving only those flexible enough to meet modern demands. That’s where S/4HANA comes in.
The Benefits of S/4HANA
SAP S/4HANA might be the new kid on the block, but it is proving to be SAP’s most successful ERP systems. Whether you’re needing to choose a new SAP ERP solution to implement from the ground up or migrating your existing SAP Business Suite, there are 5 key benefits to choosing S/4HANA;
- Performance. S/4HANA runs exclusively on SAP HANA, SAP’s flagship in-memory computing database. This means that programmes like S/4HANA can take full advantage of the outstanding transaction, processing and reporting speeds native to SAP HANA, as opposed to other, slower options. Functions that usually run in minutes take a matter of seconds, allowing you to achieve optimal business performance and a higher level of customer care using real-time data.
- Agility. S/4HANA is the most user-friendly, flexible SAP solution to hit the market, with an end user interface completely driven by SAP Fiori (known for its high quality, simplified user experience). This means that organisations are able to create bespoke, understandable business insights based on real-time data from anywhere they choose – a significant advantage when it comes to making important business decisions.
- Simplicity. If there was one word to sum up SAP S/4HANA, it would be simplicity. With this highly streamlined solution, businesses are able to manage their IT landscape effortlessly, in a manner never seen before. When coupled with business wide cloud adoption, SAP S/4HANA centralises and unifies hardware and network resources for ultimate business performance.
- Reduced Cost of Ownership. While it might not seem so on the surface, the adoption of S/4HANA is actually an incredibly cost efficient solution. This is primarily because with it, businesses are able to combine the analytical and transactional capabilities of multiple different systems into a single solution – reducing overheads and providing centralised control. Removing the need for manual report collection from these different sources saves time and effort while providing far more accurate, detailed results.
- Innovation. In the current climate, cloud adoption is at the forefront of technological innovation within business, and SAP S/4HANA is one of the primary driving forces behind it. The cloud has opened up a wide platform for different software vendors to experiment and provide a range of innovative products for business use, all of which expands the vast capabilities of S/4HANA.
While making the decisions between sticking with a traditional SAP ERP solution or migrating to S/4HANA cannot be made lightly, there is no denying the fact that S/4HANA represents a revolutionary step forward in the world of business management software. With the new and improved functionality on offer, we have no doubt that it will quickly become central to conducting business in today’s complex and radically changing environment. For more information on S/4HANA, or to enquire about the migration process, get in touch with our team today.