Would you like to cut through the clutter of unwanted data? SAP HANA is an in-memory database that can help your applications zero-in on the information they need – without wasting time sifting through irrelevant data. The result? Instant answers to your complex queries – and better decision making across your enterprise.
- Get lightning-quick results from complex data queries
- Run multiple queries in parallel – without sacrificing performance
- Develop intricate, predictive models to meet your business needs
Powerful In-Memory Appliance for Real-Time Insight
SAP In-Memory Appliance (SAP HANA™) software enables organisations to analyse their business operations using huge volumes of detailed information while business is happening. Organisations can instantly explore and analyse all of their transactional and analytical data in real time from virtually any data source. Operational data is captured in-memory as it occurs, and flexible views expose analytic information at the speed of thought. External data can be added to analytic models to incorporate data from across the entire organisation.
- Real-time analytics – Analyse business operations using huge volumes of detailed information while business is happening.
- Multipurpose, in-memory technology – Instantly explore and analyse all transactional and analytical data in real time from virtuallyany data source.
- Adaptable, powerful analytic models – Create flexible views that expose analytic information at the speed of thought
- Extensive, source-agnostic data access – Add external data to analytic models to incorporate data from across the entire organisation.
Information is the lifeblood of business today. Organisations demand insight into business operations while those operations are running. But the volume of operational data available for business insight often exceeds the amount of data that traditional disk-based systems can process within a reasonable period of time. As a result, organisations are forced to reduce the data from operational applications into analytic models for even the most basic analyses. That means that analytic environments are disconnected from operational applications, resulting in significant lag times between gathering data and gaining insight into that data.
Organisations also want to employ flexible analytic models when working with information in order to uncover trends and patterns or to improve planning, forecasting, and financial close processes.
In traditional analytics, high data volumes require that assumptions be made during modelling in order to reduce the data set to a manageable size. Such simplified models don’t accurately reflect the multifaceted nature of operational data, often resulting in suboptimal forecasting, planning, or trend analysis – items all critical to monitoring and enabling a rapid response to business performance.
- Process huge volumes of operational data to gain business insight while those operations are running.
- Perform analyses based on all data from operational applications.
- Employ flexible analytic models when working with information to uncover trends and patterns.
- Keep analytic environments connected to operational applications.
- Eliminate lag times between gathering data and gaining insight into that data.
Benefits of SAP HANA
SAP HANA provides organisations with better insight into business operations more quickly by analysing all the data available and enabling you to respond to changing business conditions, no matter how rapid. With SAP HANA, organisations can make better decisions more quickly by gaining immediate access to relevant information – requiring far less reliance on IT to gain the insight needed.
SAP HANA provides a flexible, cost-effective, real-time approach for managing large data volumes, allowing organisations to reduce dramatically the hardware and maintenance costs associated with running multiple data warehouses and operational and analytical systems. SAP HANA will form the technology foundation for new, innovative applications based on in-memory technology, thus enabling business applications – such as planning, forecasting, operational performance, and simulation solutions – to perform better.
SAP HANA provides direct access to operational data without affecting the performance of the SAP ERP application or any other operational software.
- Real-time business insight by analysing business operations as they happen.
- Better decisions more quickly by gaining immediate access to all relevant information.
- Greater analytic flexibility through less reliance on IT.
- Dramatically reduced hardware / maintenance costs through a cost-effective, real-time approach for managing large data volumes.
- Improved planning, forecasting, and financial close processes by employing analytic models that uncover trends and patterns.
To find out more about SAP HANA please contact us