SAP HANA is one of the fastest growing products in SAP’s history and is viewed by the industry as a break through solution for in-memory databases. SAP HANA boasts that it accelerates analytics and applications on a single, in-memory platform as well as combining databases, data processing, and application platform capabilities. You may be thinking, “So what?” or “How does this help my business?” In this blog post below, we look at what we consider to be the top 5 reasons why SAP HANA should be on your list of new software enhancements for your business.
1. Speed – Manage massive data volumes at high speed
A live analysis was taken of a consumer products companies data revealed how SAP HANA analyses current point-of-sale data in real time–empowering the organisation to review segmentation, merchandising, inventory management, and forecasting information at the speed of thought.
2. Any Data – Gain insights from structured and unstructured data.
SAP HANA integrates structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources, and can work on detailed data without aggregations. SAP HANA can be integrated into a wide range of enterprise environments, allowing it to handle data from Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL Server, and IBM DB2
3. Insight – Unlock new insights with predictive, complex analysis. Before SAP HANA, analytics meant:
- Quickly and easily create ad-hoc views without needing to know the data or query type – allowing you to formulate your actions based on deep insights
- Receive quick reactions to newly articulated queries so you can innovate new processes and business models to outpace the competition.
- Enable state-of-the-art, interactive analyses such as simulations and pattern recognition to create measurable, targeted actions.
4. Innovation – The ultimate platform for business innovation.
SAP HANA is an early innovator for in-memory computing. Its configurability, easy integration, and revolutionary capabilities make it flexible enough for virtually anything your business requires. Some examples of this include: ENERGY MANAGEMENT Utility companies use SAP HANA to process and analyse vast amounts of data generated by smart meter technology, improving customers’ energy efficiency, and driving sustainability initiatives. REAL-TIME TRANSIT ROUTING SAP HANA is helping research firms calculate optimal driving routes using real-time GPS data transmitted from thousands of taxis. SOFTWARE PIRACY DETECTION & PREVENTION Tech companies use SAP HANA to analyse large volumes of complex data to gain business insights into software piracy, develop preventive strategies, and recover revenue
5. Simplicity – Fewer layers, simpler landscape, lower cost.
- Reduce or eliminate the data aggregation, indexing, mapping and exchange-transfer-load (ETL) needed in complex data warehouses and marts
- Incorporate pre-packaged business logic, in-memory calculations, and optimization for multicore, 64-bit processors
- Spend less on real-time computing
If you are considering your in-memory database , why not book a consultation with our experienced SAP HANA team to find out how this can really integrate and improve your business. Contact us here